Ford Fiesta - Am I at fault - Emma12344
Hello
I was involved in a collision today. I was on a road waiting to turn right. The opposite lane was clear but as I started to turn to cross the road a car came up on my inside and we collided. There is damage all down the side of her car and damage to the front right of mine. He is saying I wasn’t indicating. But I was stationary in the road. I always indicate and believed I was but can’t be 100 percent sure. I can’t remember if I was it’s all a bit of a blur. Who is at fault if I was not indicating ? I guess it’s his word against mine.
Ford Fiesta - Am I at fault - Andrew-T

I'm trying to picture this - you are turning right and a car 'comes up on your inside' ?? I'm not sure what your inside is, if the front right is damaged ?

Were you on the major road waiting for a gap in facing traffic, or what exactly happened ?

Ford Fiesta - Am I at fault - gordonbennet
Presume this is in a country that drives on the right, no mention of how wide the road is or how many lanes, it would appear a vehicle overtook you before you could complete the right turn, a vehicle you didn't see.

Were there two other vehicles involved, you mention his and hers? or just the one.

Regardless, the laws and priorities are going to be different to the ones applicable here in Britain.

Ford Fiesta - Am I at fault - Adampr

On the basis that most countries don't call a Fiesta a Fiesta and don't use the word 'indicating' I presume this is the UK. I still don't get it, though. Were you turning right and somebody drove down the right side of you?? Was there a lane there or were they in the oncoming lane?

Ford Fiesta - Am I at fault - Bromptonaut

Right now I'm struggling to understand the 'inside' v damage on RHS of OP's car.

A diagram and/or link to streetview would help.

Ford Fiesta - Am I at fault - Emma12344
Hello
Yes sorry for context a uk road with two lanes. I was driving and stopped in the road to turn right, taking me up another road. This required me to cross over the road of the oncoming traffic lane. This was clear. As I have just started to move over she has come up on my inside so drivers side, in her car overtaking me and my front drivers side bumper has made contact with the side of the car as I was edging over the road.
Ford Fiesta - Am I at fault - Adampr
Hello Yes sorry for context a uk road with two lanes. I was driving and stopped in the road to turn right, taking me up another road. This required me to cross over the road of the oncoming traffic lane. This was clear. As I have just started to move over she has come up on my inside so drivers side, in her car overtaking me and my front drivers side bumper has made contact with the side of the car as I was edging over the road.

Ok, well technically the driver's side is the outside, hence the confusion, but it doesn't really matter and you've cleared it up.

There is absolutely no way the collision is your fault. Overtaking a car turning right is getting close to a dangerous driving conviction. It doesn't matter if you weren't indicating, it is entirely their fault and you're both very lucky it wasn't more serious.

Ford Fiesta - Am I at fault - Andrew-T
Hello Yes sorry for context a uk road with two lanes. I was driving and stopped in the road to turn right, taking me up another road. This required me to cross over the road of the oncoming traffic lane. This was clear. As I have just started to move over she has come up on my inside so drivers side, in her car overtaking me and my front drivers side bumper has made contact with the side of the car as I was edging over the road.

There is absolutely no way the collision is your fault. Overtaking a car turning right is getting close to a dangerous driving conviction. It doesn't matter if you weren't indicating, it is entirely their fault and you're both very lucky it wasn't more serious.

Assuming we now have a clear picture of what happened, I suppose the overtaking driver may have believed you were stationary (not signalling) and as there was no oncoming traffic it was OK to pass ? Doesn't sound to me like a clever idea, and I don't see how a thinking driver would have believed you were parked - but I suppose your non-indication might be a small mitigating factor.

Ford Fiesta - Am I at fault - Greendean

In the scenario you described, if you were turning right from a stationary position and the opposite lane was clear, the general expectation is that you would indicate your intention to turn. But at the same time things such as speed, awareness, visibility, and other potential contributory factors are also factors.