Car Vs Lorry - Minor accident Royal Mail - Surreydriver

My Mrs has had a minor shunt with an RM lorry whose driver refused to get out of his cab to exchange details. Not sure yet if we even have the correct reg no. Obviously my Mrs livid but I do not believe it is even worth pursuing. The car is 19 years old and it is cosmetic damage which we will not be claiming for. However I do not want RM citing our reg no and making a claim against us without our insurer involved. Any input would be most welcome. Thank you.

Update. We will be reporting this to our insurers.

Car Vs Lorry - Minor accident Royal Mail - Andrew-T

Any chance that driver may not have been a Royal Mail employee ? That might explain his/her reluctance to give details ....

We do not know. He apparently kept his door and windows firmly closed. Having now seen our car, it is clear he struck her from behind. The offside rear passenger door and wheel arch are scraped. Mrs was "dovetailing" to avoid bus lane. "Due care " springs to mind, but impossible to do anything. No witnesses - road too busy.

Car Vs Lorry - Minor accident Royal Mail - sammy1

Your first thought probably right not worth pursuing and the insurers may write your car off. Was it a modern RM vehicle a lot get sold on. You need the reg number if this is going anywhere