Hyundai i20 - Spilt decorating paste on car windscreen - Bobby567

I parked my car for work which is in a shared car park and the building next door is getting work done to it. When I was driving home this evening I tried to clean the windscreen and when I did the whole windscreen was covered in a white covering. I tried frantically to clear this with screenwash, my driving vision was completely obscured. I parked at the nearest opening and saw the windscreen what can only be decorating paste.

I didn't notice when entering my car as it's dark and the very cold weather must have frozen it.

I sprayed a windscreen cleaner on it once I'd sc***ed a lot of it off but that made it worse and the cloths were covered in clumps of soggy paste.

Does anyone have any advice how to remove this safely or will I seek help from a professional?

God knows how it ended up on my windscreen in the first place!

Thank you in advance for any advice given

Edited by Bobby567 on 15/01/2024 at 19:53

Hyundai i20 - Spilt decorating paste on car windscreen - paul 1963

By decorating paste I assume you mean wall.paper paste? Any proprietary car wash shampoo and water will get it off provided it's not dried, surprised you never noticed it when you first got in the car.

Yes that's right, I thought decorating/wallpaper paste was the same thing. It must have been a very small amount of paste and once mixed with windscreen wash it smeared. It was dried in initially and with the current weather will be dried in again.

I think sc***ing as much off as possible and a good wash.

Hyundai i20 - Spilt decorating paste on car windscreen - bathtub tom

Having recent experience on removing copious quantities whilst re-decorating, I found hot water and a sc***er the most effective. You'd need to be very careful about putting hot water on a windscreen in this weather.

Hyundai i20 - Spilt decorating paste on car windscreen - Andrew-T

You'd need to be very careful about putting hot water on a windscreen in this weather.

Or any weather ! Having wondered just how wallpaper paste would get on a windscreen to begin with, I started to worry that old paste is commonly removed with steam .... :-(

But as it must be recent, surely plenty of warm water and careful sponging should work - unless it is some kind of industrial-standard paste ?

Hyundai i20 - Spilt decorating paste on car windscreen - Gibbo_Wirral

What on earth is being filtered with asterisks?

Scouring

Scratching?

Scrubbing?

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 16/01/2024 at 12:43

Hyundai i20 - Spilt decorating paste on car windscreen - Andrew-T

Come on, Gibbo - it's obvious. We can't write about sc***yards, so just use one fewer 'p' and you get the answer !!

I'll soon find out

Thank you, I'll give that a try