Alfa Romeo Brera - Alloygators - poor quality and a waste of money - 1750Tbi

This will be old news to a lot of forum members, but after fitting Alloygators to my Alfa Romeo Brera a few months ago, I've realised how little durability they have - plus they damage your alloy rims.

Living in a tight cul-de-sac, I've bumped the kerb a few times at around 5 mph only to find, even at such low speed impacts, the Alloygators detach from the rim and make your wheels look awful i.e. they wobble as you drive making the car unsafe.

They also damage the alloy wheel itself, with the harsh gripping mechanism, which leaves your rims scratched and sc***ed and in need of a full refurbishment of £350 + !

The one thing they're designed to avoid!

Trust me a scratched alloy looks better than these rubber tubes.

Alfa Romeo Brera - Alloygators - poor quality and a waste of money - gordonbennet

never looked like they'd protect much and you've confirmed it for us.

Thankfully our cars are on 55 60 and 65 aspect rubber, none of the wheels have any kerb rash, but the diamond cut fronts on the 19 year old Landcruiser are getting past their prime now.

When i had 17" alloys and 45 aspect tyres (never again) kerb damage was an issue, alleged alloy wheel protection ribs moulded into the sidewall are about as much use as a chocolate teapot too.