Citroen dispatch 2007 1997cc 120 deisel - Lift pump relay image and location - Tony kwissa

Van cut out whilst driving.After rest started again,but not anymore .Can't hear pump when I listen at open deisel cap.Also disconnected feed pipe to fuel filter and turned ignition, no fuel coming through. Accept the pump is broken or it's relay or break in wiring. However I can't find an image of a 2007 lift pump relay, or it's location. Any help would be much appreciated,thanks any knowing person out there on the big web!

Citroen dispatch 2007 1997cc 120 deisel - Lift pump relay image and location - elekie&a/c doctor
Are you sure it’s got an in tank pump ? They don’t all have them .
Citroen dispatch 2007 1997cc 120 deisel - Lift pump relay image and location - Gibbo_Wirral

Parts diagrams here

catalogs.ssg.asia/citroen/?lang=en

Is there a priming bulb in the engine bay?

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 07/03/2024 at 12:29

Citroen dispatch 2007 1997cc 120 deisel - Lift pump relay image and location - Tony kwissa

Hi Gibbo ,thanks,yes it has a 'bulb'primer under the bonnet and when I disconnect the pipe into the fuel filter,or out of it and prime the bulb fuel sqirts out.However turning the ingintion doesn't get a sqirt!

Hi thanks for reply,I believe so but only because I read there's a lift pump .Would the 'vin' number give a definitive answer?

Citroen dispatch 2007 1997cc 120 deisel - Lift pump relay image and location - elekie&a/c doctor
If it’s got a fuel primer bulb in the engine bay, it’s unlikely to have a fuel lift pump in the tank .

Oh thanks elekie,that's interesting,so do it it would follow no pump relay.Okay so why do you think i can prime the bulb and pull threw diesel but turning the key over doesn't? The battery is new.Any ideas?

Have you checked the diagnostic system to see if any relevant faults logged ?
Citroen dispatch 2007 1997cc 120 deisel - Lift pump relay image and location - RichardW

I'd check the cambelt if I was you...

Citroen dispatch 2007 1997cc 120 deisel - Lift pump relay image and location - Gibbo_Wirral

Do the key beep test.

www.peugeotforums.com/threads/car-not-starting-the.../

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 12/03/2024 at 12:57

Okay Gibbo I will look that one up,probably won't be getting back to you tonight but thanks. Tony

Hi Gibbo ,easier test than I imagined ,failed the'beeb test' so I will contact Ryan mobile auto locksmith,good block. Funny the van actually made a pathetic effort to start first since breakdown. Didn't make it bug tried,I didn't want to overly try and weaken the battery any more. Great tip thanks Gibbo.

Edited by Tony kwissa on 13/03/2024 at 20:53

Thanks Richard W, the garage did check ghe cambelt and told me to go for a diagnostic check.The test brought up a list irrelevant to the problem ,so said a mobile mechanic who changed afuel regulator solenoid,which didn't help either. In fairness to the mechanic the van was in a brief period of working at the time.

You need to be concentrating on 2 vital parameters to get this engine started . Is there an engine speed sensor signal and what is your fuel pressure. The beep test is not going to fix this .