Lexus ES - yellow box trap - johnmazda

Got trapped in this yellow box here on this road - Purley Way (A23) - www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.3602159,-0.1174821,3a,75...u

Went through on green with the traffic in front of me but then I couldn't see far ahead enough and I assumed traffic was going to keep moving, but then stopped and I ended up in the yellow box. So a costly misjudgement. I would say 2/3 of the car was in the yellow lines, however I did not impede traffic that wanted to turn into the road on their right, not that that matters I guess.

Anyway as you can see on the map there doesn't appear to be a camera, however when I checked the dashcam footage, there is a tall pole just beyond the traffic light with a CCTV like camera pointing downwards into that box. So perhaps it was included recently and so it looks like I'm getting fined. That said I looked up this here - www.croydon.gov.uk/sites/default/files/Camera_Loca...f

And there doesn't appear to be this one included...? Is the CCTV cameras that pick up yellow box infringement or different type of camera?

Can I expect it within 14 days or 28 days, latter of which I've heard is the case for PCNs? Usually I know these PCN fines are pretty quick to come through, about a week at most (LTN and illegal right turn which I've had before which came through in 4/5 days).

Lexus ES - yellow box trap - Adampr

I can't help with if or when you will get a fine. However, it's very easy not to get caught in a box junction; just don't drive into it unless you can see that there is space to drive out of it. No judgement required.

Lexus ES - yellow box trap - Falkirk Bairn

If you can afford an Lexus ES the <£100 fine is affordable (and a lesson learned)

No points, so you just pay up & move on

Lexus ES - yellow box trap - Brit_in_Germany

I imagine Lexus was selected because there is a showroom on the corner.

Lexus ES - yellow box trap - daveyjp

Wait until any piece of paper arrives. Not all Councils have jurisdiction to send out penalties for box junction infringements,

The rule is do not enter the box until your exit is clear. Exit clear means the gap between the car in front and the edge of the box is long enough for your vehicle.

Lexus ES - yellow box trap - johnmazda

Thanks for the responses and yes hah, I do not have a Lexus. I just chose a random one in the drop down menu - not sure why they ask that every time you post.

Anyway that said, it's not so much the penalty fee itself, but rather just how annoyed I am at having made the mistake. It was a long journey heading back with backed up traffic so that's why I think I just moved forwards when usually my forward planning is good enough and as I'm a very safe driver it bothers me when I get these fines and especially when you say so many drivers do far worse and get away with it.

I will wait, and speaking of which is it 14 days or 28 days? Also is there a way of finding out if they do definitely have a camera on that yellow box? Because I've been onto the Croydon council website and downloaded their map of camera locations (had posted the link) but this appears to be from 2019.

Lexus ES - yellow box trap - bathtub tom

You just have to bite the bullet. I was caught out, when waiting for the car ahead to move far enough forward and started off, when a scrote whipped past and into the gap, leaving me stranded in the box. Un fortunately, it's a stills camera, not a video!

Lexus ES - yellow box trap - skidpan

Thanks for the responses and yes hah, I do not have a Lexus. I just chose a random one in the drop down menu - not sure why they ask that every time you post.

You don't have to put anything in that box, never have done and never will.

Its totally irrelevant, you can put the car/brand in the subject if you wish.