Hyundai ix35 - bought faulty car from 2nd hand dealer - luke hopkinson

Hi All

I'm a complete Newby to this so please excuse if I've done this wrong.

My partner bought a car from a second hand dealer in Wakefield, a hyundai i35 petrol, 2 days in to having the car we noticed it wouldn't go over 3000 rpm, Contacted the dealer and they said we could drive the 2 hours to their garage to drop the car off and they will repair it and drop it back off for us when fixed.

The car was then dropped back off a week later apparently fixed, as soon as we drove it on the dual carriage way to test it we noticed it still doesn't go over 3000 rpm.

we contacted the car dealer and were told that we can hand the car back but its going to be at a reduced price as now the car has gone down in value with it having an extra owner.

My partner told me that when she bought the car it was a bank transfer, and no paperwork for proof of purchase was given to her.

What I'm wanting to know is, are we entitled to a full refund with it being within the 30 days of purchase ? And is he wrong to say he will take the car back at a reduced price ?

Kind regards

Luke

Hyundai ix35 - bought faulty car from 2nd hand dealer - Adampr

It depends on how long you've had it. I suggest you read this as a starter:

www.thecarexpert.co.uk/rejecting-a-car/

Hyundai ix35 - bought faulty car from 2nd hand dealer - Bromptonaut

Citizens Advice have an online tool to walk you through your rights with a dodgy s/h car:

www.citizensadvice.org.uk/decision-trees/problem-w...r

It sounds as though there's a fault causing it to go ito limp mode. Resetting the system won't cure that if the fault is still present.

Are there any warning lights, caution noises or messages on a screen to say there is a fualt.

Hyundai ix35 - bought faulty car from 2nd hand dealer - luke hopkinson
Hi mate thankyou for the reply,

Engine management light on but intermittently.

Been to a local garage ran diagnostics and the fault code that came up was low pressure fuel rail too low ( code p0087 )

High pressure fuel pump was replaced and issue still there

It drives perfect around town, but if you push past 3000 it goes in to limp mode.

Kind regards