Kia Sportage Audi Q3 - Need advice buying used Kia Sportage or Audi Q3/Q4 - p yelland
Hello guys
Iam looking to buy a used compact suv for around £8k and cannot decide between few makes and models so please advice if you are an expert or have one of the below cars
Kia Sportage (2013-2014 to 2017)
Audi Q3 or Q4
Hyundai Tuscan or other similar car.

We need a reliable car for my Mrs . Also one with good spec. I lpersonally like Kia Sportage but I’ve seen Sportage from 2014/2015 doesn’t have leather seats but they look better than older ones who though have everything. My Mrs likes Audi Q3 s but I’ve had couple of A4s before and had loads problems ??.
Kia Sportage Audi Q3 - Need advice buying used Kia Sportage or Audi Q3/Q4 - FoxyJukebox
My preference would be the Audi-but be prepared for quite big maintenance bills. Tyres, battery, cam belt and electric issues will need carefully checking . As long as the car isn’t using oil it should be ok.
Just remember-it’s 10 years old and not new.
Kia Sportage Audi Q3 - Need advice buying used Kia Sportage or Audi Q3/Q4 - badbusdriver

Iam looking to buy a used compact suv for around £8k and cannot decide between few makes and models so please advice if you are an expert or have one of the below cars
Kia Sportage (2013-2014 to 2017)
Audi Q3 or Q4

Hyundai Tuscan or other similar car.

The Q4 is an EV which was launched in 2021, cheapest one on Autotrader is £21k

Ignoring that, I think you may be a little optimistic with regards to what your budget is going to get in todays market. I just had a little search on Autotrader for Q3's using an £8.5k budget, petrol engine, up to 80k miles and no insurance write offs. There is a grand total of one, nationwide (a 2012 example)!. Even if you up the mileage to 100k, there is still only 12 nationwide to choose from.

But personally I wouldn't go anywhere near a Q3 of that age.

Kia Sportage Audi Q3 - Need advice buying used Kia Sportage or Audi Q3/Q4 - Ian_SW

At £8k, I wouldn't buy an Audi (or BMW or Mercedes). You'll be paying mostly for the badge- older "premium" brand cars are quite in demand for impressing tbe neighbours.

Either the Kia or Hyundai would be a reasonable bet reliability wise, though the base model 1.6 petrol is both slow and thirsty. If a Volkswagen group car is preferred, the equivalent Seat Ateca or Skoda Karoq will share a fair amount underneath with the Audi and be significantly newer for the budget.

Kia Sportage Audi Q3 - Need advice buying used Kia Sportage or Audi Q3/Q4 - Orb>>

Either the Kia or Hyundai would be a reasonable bet reliability wise, though the base model 1.6 petrol is both slow and thirsty.

OBJECTION.

They are not race cars, when doing out of town runs i was easily getting 40mph and more driven carefully. Don't forget 1.5 tons plus people.....

All cars are thirstier when driven "aggressivly" !!!!