Aixam(sp?) Tiny-Car. - David W
Just been to my favourite open air car showroom, our Tesco Superstore. Noticed a tiny thing on the way there called a Axiam or something like that. Couldn't see a makers badge. Wonder what it was?

David
Re: Aixam(sp?) Tiny-Car. - Dan J
Tsk - David, you should have checked the excellent Car-by-Car Breakdown first! :o)
Re: Aixam(sp?) Tiny-Car. - David W
Blimey fancy me missing that. Now did you know or did you have to look??

I thought the lady was driving it in a careful manner, with a garden tractor engine not much choice

David
Re: Aixam(sp?) Tiny-Car. - Dan J
I did know they were there (honest, guv). I had seen reviews of them previously in Kit Car magazine as there was talk of importing them as kits. Quite why someone would want to build one instead of a AC Cobra replica is beyond me though!

Another one is imported to the UK as well, the Microcar which is also on HJ's C-b-C. Amazing how small they are isn't it?

Not sure I'd like to be in a crash in one though...

Dan
Re: Aixam(sp?) Tiny-Car. - Ian Cook
David

There's often one in our local town, and it seems that Tesco's want it parked with the rest of the trolleys.

I'm not sure that I believe the claims of 55mph though. I seem to remember these thing in France a few years ago and they struggled to do much more than 35mph - or was that just the way the folks drove them?

Ian
Re: Aixam(sp?) Tiny-Car. - Richard Hall
I've seen a couple around here. Pretty little things, look like the product of a proper car company, but the one I was behind got down to 15mph on the hill near my house. It isn't a steep hill either. Should sell reasonably well in East Anglia, but I can't see them being very popular anywhere hilly.
Re: Aixam(sp?) Tiny-Car. - Paul Robinson
David

The UK importer is a couple of miles away from me - just outside Warwick.

They are a rare sight around our way, I'm surprised one has made it all the way to the far east!

Regards

Paul
Re: Aixam(sp?) Tiny-Car. - Honest John
Microcars in France are supposed to be speed restricted so that they can be driven without a licence. That's why they are often seen weaving from one side of the road to another in the hands of a Frenchman with deux ou trois bouteilles de vin inside him and why insurace for them in France is astranomical.

HJ
Re: Aixam(sp?) Tiny-Car. - Phil Ireland
One zooming about locally in Frome . Quite smart looking vehicle
Its my understanding they are tax free in France as classified as cycle cars. Axiam website quite interesting. Seems to be abt 3 different models all powered by Kubota diesel.

Phil I
Re: Aixam(sp?) Tiny-Car. - terryb
Don't forget the Ligier - also in the c-b-c breakdown