Accident in my works van - do I have to disclose a claim when applying for my personal insurance

I had my works van front grill damaged after hitting a third party van rear-foot step, so no third party claim and my company insurance fixed my van.

Where do I stand renewing my private car insurance? I only travel about 4000 miles a year. This is my first accident, can you advise me?

Asked on 24 February 2013 by nick harvey

Answered by Honest John
You have to disclose the claim.
Tags: insurance vans
Similar questions
Road debris has caused over £900 worth of damage to my Renault Trafic. It happened on the A48, close to junction 49 on the M4 motorway in Wales. A tree and its branches were on the road and I could not...
I'm thinking of swapping my car for a small van soon, probably a nearly new Citroen Berlingo. It would not be for commercial use, just personal. A friend says that any no claims I have would not count...
I was recently hit from the rear in my van and the engineer deemed it a Cat S write off. I have since bought the van back as all it needs is some minor metal work, a rear bumper and back doors. It says...

Value my van

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer