What GAP insurance would you recommend for a van on contract hire?

What GAP insurance would you recommend for a van on contract hire?

Asked on 26 March 2019 by Andy Scott

Answered by Dan Powell
If a van is on a long term contract hire agreement then GAP insurance will cover any potential gap between the insurance payout and the sum you owe the finance company in the event of a total loss (write-off). The best policy will very much depend on the type of financial agreement you have take out. Generally, there are three types of GAP insurance - Vehicle Replacement, Return to Invoice and Finance GAP. Finance GAP is the traditionally the cheapest and covers the gap between your insurer’s payout and the amount of any outstanding finance left on your van. Vehicle Replacement is usually the most expensive but provides added protection against any potential price rises that may have been introduced for your model of van. Return to Invoice (as the name implies) covers the gap up to the invoice price of the van.

For our complete and in-depth guide on GAP insurance, see: vans.honestjohn.co.uk/cheap-gap-insurance-for-vans.../
Similar questions
Is GAP insurance available for motorhomes over 10 years old? We are interested in some for an 11-year-old camper van with only 37,000 miles on the clock. It's worth about £30k.
I leased a contract hire VW Touareg (245hp) in October 2014. Long story short, it didn't steer in a straight line and VW finally replaced it in December 2015 with the new model (262hp). The new one has...
Can you recommend a good GAP insurance supplier?

Value my van

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer