Irish registered van - can I MoT it in the UK?

I live in England and own a van on southern Irish plates. Can I MoT and insure it here, but leave it on southern irish plates?

Asked on 1 October 2013 by steve bailey

Answered by Honest John
No. You would need to import it to the UK and put it on UK plates.
Similar questions
I'm thinking about getting a Nissan Elgrand. Do I have to pay the duty on it as well as the price of the motor?
We bought a new Porsche Macan through an independent dealer 12 months ago and later found out that the car was an import from Cyprus. We are not happy with this as the information was not given to us at...
About 11 years ago I exported my second-hand car to Croatia. I now want to return to the UK. Can I drive my car back to the UK legally?

Value my van