As the main driver of my company van, should I get insurance in my name or a company policy?

I have a van which is owned by my company, so the company is named as the registered keeper on the V5/55 document. As the company is the registered keeper and owner of the van, as the main driver do I get insurance in my name (as I own the company) or do I need a company policy?

Asked on 21 February 2017 by pb

Answered by Dan Powell
I'd recommend getting a company policy. This will be tailored to your business needs and provide you with the most suitable cover. It will also allow you to purchase a policy that will allow employees to drive the vehicle and ensure the contents are included, along with any tools and equipment.
Similar questions
My son started a gardening business last year and insured a Renault Kangoo Van for £360. It is his first vehicle despite him being 45 years old. This year we were expecting it to reduce with one year's...
A colleague has to tow a 1300kg trailer as part of his work on a daily basis. To get the right tow car he has to go for something which hits him hard in tax terms because of high CO2. He has posed the...
Do the authorities still send you a warning letter the first time you enter London's Low Emission Zone if you haven't paid?

Value my van

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer