What's the best thing to use for underbody protection?

I have just bought a new Citroen Dispatch van to convert to a campervan. I want to keep it for the long haul and am interested in topping up the manufacturers corrosion protection for the underbody with whatever is best these days. What do you advise?

Asked on 8 May 2017 by Mike Mackay

Answered by Dan Powell
Before doing anything, I'd recommend speaking with the dealer who sold you the van to find out what the manufacturer’s corrosion protection is. The van might already have an underseal and adding something to the underbody might cause a reaction that will damage it or trap moisture. Any wax or oil-based underseal should protect the underbody, but get the dealer to provide a list of products that are compatible with what's already there. For the exterior, I'd use Autoglym High Definition Wax.
Similar questions
What is best product to underseal a car?
I am selling my house and thinking of buying a larger camper van to live in while looking for a new place as my current camper is too tiny to do this. I am looking at various models based on a Fiat Ducato...
I have a 2017 Ford Transit camper van that came without aircon. With the recent warm weather, it is a pretty hot and sticky ride. Do you know of any companies[ that can offer an aftermarket fitment?
Related models
Excellent official fuel economy figures, useful hi-tech features, smooth and refined drive.

Value my van

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer