How can I get a Cat B van back on the road?

I bought a used (2002 model) Ford Transit Connect van six months ago. Last week someone scuffed the bumper and I made an insurance claim. After the insurance company priced it, they found some additional damage which I did know about. However, they have now written it off as a Cat B

I've been allowed to get the van back, but no one will insure it. I would like to repair it, but can't as HPI say the van is a total loss. What can I do?

Asked on 3 April 2015 by fitty24

Answered by Honest John
A Cat B has to be broken up for spares and cannot ever be put back on the road. It's possible that the hidden damage behind the bumper had been done before you bought the van. But it has been written off as unroadworthy and that's it. See:
Similar questions
I have 2012 Ford Transit Connect, bought 1 November 2016. Since taking the speed limiter off the van, the fuel filter overloaded sign keeps coming up. Now the engine management light has come on with engine...
Earlier this year I purchased a Vauxhall Vivaro van. It was advertised as having the 125PS engine which is backed up by a code on the door frame and the V5. When I try to get van insurance it is coming...
I purchased a used Citroen Dispatch four months ago from a dealer. The van is a 2017 model and has 74,000 miles on the clock. Today, the cam belt snapped and caused considerable engine damage. Can I claim...
Related models
Car-like to drive with good balance of ride and handling, 1.8 TDCi engine is strong, load area can deal with two pallets, ESP is standard fit.

Value my van